I study computer science at the University of Waterloo.
Currently, I am
- trying to graduate as soon as humanly possible
- organizing StarCon 2019
- was on an exchange term at University College London!
- organized StarCon 2018.
- participated in increasing Rust's reach.
- was an SRE (site reliability engineering) intern at Google
- was on the Rust Community team, organizing out with RustBridge at RustConf '18
Before that, I was at the Data Systems Group at Waterloo, at Stripe working on queues, and Bazaarvoice working on ads. You can view my resume here.
Here's what I've been reading lately. Here's a random list of stuff I like.
- Public speaking
- Various forms of espresso (especially flat whites)
- Reading papers on systems programming
- Reading in general
- Serif fonts
- Rust (the language)
- Illustrated editions of my favorite books
- Brightly colored coats/eyeliner
- Fountain pens
- Bread (especially Kashmiri bread)
- Anne of Green Gables by L. M. Montgomery and almost anything Melina Marchetta has written
- Solo travel to new cities
- Functional programming (and learning more about it)
- Graph Theory
- Extensively curated Spotify playlists
- Running (very recently)