I study computer science at the University of Waterloo.
Currently, I am
- an SRE (site reliability engineering) intern at Google
- organizing StarCon 2019
- on the Rust Community team (helping out with RustBridge)
- was on an exchange term at University College London!
- organized StarCon 2018.
- participated in increasing Rust's reach.
Before that, I was at the Data Systems Group at Waterloo, at Stripe working on queues, and Bazaarvoice working on ads. You can view my resume here.
Here's what I've been reading lately. Here's a random list of stuff I like.
- Public speaking
- Various forms of espresso (especially flat whites)
- Reading papers on systems programming
- Reading in general
- Serif fonts
- Rust (the language)
- Illustrated editions of my favorite books
- Brightly colored coats/eyeliner
- Fountain pens
- Bread (especially Kashmiri bread)
- Anne of Green Gables by L. M. Montgomery and almost anything Melina Marchetta has written
- Solo travel to new cities
- Functional programming (and learning more about it)
- Graph Theory
- Extensively curated Spotify playlists
- Running (very recently)